Sunday, September 19, 2010

Residual Results

Had the most unusually cleansing weekend that felt like a mirror of the juice fast - only in a household way.  We made a major change that we've been considering but avoiding for some time, and once that was done it was as though the accelerator had been pressed.  I suddenly rearranged all the furniture in the living room (okay, there's not really that much furniture, but still) and I felt so energized by the space that had been opened up that I took on some other cleaning and technical projects.  Overall it's been a stabilizing few days.


Cooked black beans, zucchini and tofu for dinner this evening.  I marinated the tofu in balsamic vinegar and sort of stir-fried it; it didn't exactly come out right but it was edible.  The flavor was great, just didn't get the texture I was going for.  I cooked the beans with water only, no seasonings or other vegetables, and I ate them just like that.  It was a surprise how delicious they were - I've gotten accustomed to eating them with nutritional yeast and Bragg.  I was really craving simplicity today in the food department, and the plain black beans satisfied that craving.  Between the beans and the tofu, my protein intake was solid, and that's hopefully a focus this week.


In this month following the fast I can see how much food affects my energy and mood.  It's not that I've been on the straight and narrow ever since we completed the fast, but I've been much more aware of how my choices are dragging me down or lifting me up.  I must always remember that it's never the wrong time to take a positive step.  

No comments:

Post a Comment